Customized Early Childhood Professional Learning
We are committed to supporting parents and early childhood professionals by providing quality care and professional learning focusing on education and in building relationships that are responsive in rich learning environments.
Everything You Need
Since each child, school, and community organization is unique, we offer completely customizable professional learning programs for early childhood education. These programs can include:
- Supporting growth and development
- Child Development Associates (CDA) Support
- Supporting infants and toddlers with developmental delays and supporting their families
- Response & Recognition
- Environment support
- Behavioral supports
- Supporting three to five year olds with developmental delays and supporting their families
- Kindergarten readiness
The Impacts of Early
The first five years of a child’s life create the foundation for children to accomplish critical developmental growth that sets the stage for later school success. From the first day of life to the first day of kindergarten, children will learn, change, and grow at an alarming pace. It is during these first years that the brain undergoes its most dramatic growth.
The efforts that we put in today affect what happens tomorrow. The language of our children blossoms, motor abilities are set, thinking becomes complex, and social and emotional development affects how they learn and relate to others.
All children are wired for learning. The developmental tasks necessary during their first five years center around the mastery of essential building blocks for learning to succeed in school. This includes the ability to get along with other children, make friends, become engaged in social groups, and develop the capacity to manage powerful emotions. But nothing is more critical than how the brain is attuned to environmental inputs that shape its emerging architecture. Our programs help parents, teachers, and educational professionals address these developmental tasks before they become a detriment to your children.
As all children learn, change, and grow at different rates Ramey & Ramey (1999) state that all children should experience the following seven guiding essentials daily to enhance their development to be school ready:
- Encourage exploration with all the senses, in familiar and new places, with other and alone, safely and with joy.
- Mentor in basic skills, showing the whats and whens, the ins and outs of how thing and people work.
- Celebrate developmental advances, for learning new skills, little and bid, and for becoming a unique individual.
- Rehearse and extend new skills, showing your baby how to practice again and again, in the same and different ways, with new people and new things.
- Protect from inappropriate disapproval, teasing, neglect, or punishments.
- Communicate richly and responsively with sounds, songs, gestures, and words; bring your baby into the wonderful world of language and its many uses.
- Guide and limit behavior to keep your child safe and to teach what’s acceptable, and what’s not – the rules of being a cooperative, responsive, and caring person.
The Center for Literacy & Learning is able to customize a program to fit the unique needs of your school, education professional or parents, so please feel free to contact us if you feel this type of program can be beneficial to you.