The Center for Literacy & Learning partners with school systems to provide literacy coaches with support to educators. As a Louisiana-based non-profit focused on literacy, our professional training, and support help to advance evidence-based best practices for teaching and learning.
The Literacy Specialists provide training and support for early childhood through 12th-grade literacy coaches in schools and across school districts to ensure all students receive high-quality literacy instruction.
The Literacy Specialists identify the needs of schools to prioritize, schedule, organize, and provide technical support, ultimately resulting in students achieving grade-level reading proficiency. The Literacy Specialists implement this through virtual and in-person support.
Sign up for support now!
Louisiana Specialists Supporting Louisiana Schools to Improve Literacy in Louisiana
We are very excited to announce that The Louisiana Department of Education has selected The Center for Literacy & Learning as one of the approved vendors to serve school systems across Louisiana through our Literacy Coach Program.
School systems can utilize Comprehensive Literacy State Development funds, along with other local, state, or federal funds to develop a plan that best meets their needs in supporting literacy coaches and leaders.
Please contact us for more information.
Currently, The Center’s Regional Literacy Specialists Support:
- 64 LEAs
- 262 Schools
- 184 Coaches
- Serve Students in grades Pre-K through 12th
- 11 Regions across Louisiana
- 2068 Coaches Support Visits & Meetings
- 4321 Hours Supporting LEAs
*As of June 2022
Literacy Specialists are specialized in the following Training:
- Growing Reading Brains
- Adult Learning/Coaching
We Provide Literacy Coach Support in the following areas:
- School Level – Early Childhood *The Center is the only vendor that offers support to School Level- Early Childhood.
- School Level – Elementary
- School Level – Adolescent
- School Systems/LEAs
The Literacy Specialist serves literacy coaches, school administrators, and School Systems/LEAs in the following ways:
- Coaching Conference
- Walk-Through, Observations, Modeling Support
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) Meeting Support
- Science of Reading (SOR) Training
- Adult Learning/Coaching Training
- Assessment of system’s needs
- Develop Plan for Professional Growth Opportunities
- Develop training and meetings
- Identify LEA’s Literacy Teams
- Data deep dive/Data Analysis
- SMART goal development
- Curriculum and Intervention review
- Create Action Steps for Summer PD opportunities
- Assist with creating the Local Literacy Plan
As a partner with state education agencies and schools, Literacy Specialists work tirelessly to ensure that students are on track and become proficient readers.